This page may contain affiliate links, meaning I may receive commissions for purchases made through those links, at no cost to you. So, thank you!
Please read my disclosure for more info.

Resolve to #FightFatTalk in 2014

What's more important than losing weight in the year ahead? Fighting Fat Talk. We need to be kind to ourselves! As women strive to get back on track this New Year, Special K has partnered with world-renowned supermodel and actress Tyra Banks to Fight Fat Talk. They want to help shift the weight management conversation to a more positive one. We all know that positivity is important to weight management success. But unfortunately, 93 percent of women Fat Talk. Fat Talk is contagious, and it’s weighing women down. Whether sparked by an unflattering photo or shopping for jeans, these negative comments women make about their own bodies and others are a destructive and significant barrier to weight-management success. Watch the video below and you'll see what I mean.

This video is so powerful. How perfect to fill a store with actual fact talk. That is the place where many women tend to participate in it! However, when you take a step back and really reflect upon what you are doing, how does this make you look to your partner or to your children? Don't you want to be a positive role model? 
"You wouldn't talk this way to anyone else. So why do it to yourself?"
Fat Talk is so embedded in everyday conversations that it has become a barrier to managing weight. According to a recent survey, nearly half of women say that they engage in Fat Talk. Isn't that just gross?! Why do they do it? Because they feel it’s better to criticize themselves before others do so. Interestingly, 63% of women surveyed said when they notice themselves or their friends engaging in Fat Talk, they don’t try to stop or change the conversation. Be one of the other 37%! Furthermore, 62% of women say they feel compelled to engage in Fat Talk about themselves when they hear other women doing so. That's enough. It is time to put a stop to the nonsense.

As a partner to women along their weight management journey, Special K offers many delicious, guilt-free products, including snack and breakfast options that provide protein and fiber. Women can also visit to help SHHHHut down Fat Talk (#FightFatTalk).

To help women with their weight management journey this New Year, Special K is inviting them to participate in the Special K Challenge, an easy, effective way for women to kick-start their weight-management plan in 2014. For more information about the Special K Challenge, visit

We are in this together ladies! I resolve to embrace positivity and shhhhhut down fat talk. Are you with me? Let's #FightFatTalk in 2014!