This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own.
Love Disney? Love classic jazz? Then you will love this album filled with your favorite Disney songs - Jazz Loves Disney. Disney music has been a part of my family for generations. One of my favorite records to play when I was a kid was the Main Street Electrical Parade Soundtrack. Each time I would play it would remind me of the magical experience that I had seen take place at the Magic Kingdom after dark.
As I child, I swear I also knew all of the words to "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" and "Spoonful of Sugar" before I even knew how to spell my name. The Disney magic has certainly played a huge part in my childhood and those memories are so special.
I don't have children of my own, but that doesn't mean the Disney songs have stopped in my home. Far from it. I am a teacher and I love using these classic jazz versions of Disney music in my classroom while the students are working. It puts them in a great mood and they work more efficiently!
The album Jazz Loves Disney will take you back with Disney favorites like "I Wanna Be Like You" from The Jungle Book and "When You Wish Upon A Star" from Pinocchio. Here is a taste of what you will find on Jazz Loves Disney courtesy of the talented Gregory Porter. Here is the full track listing:
- Jamie Cullum – "Everybody Wants To Be A Cat" – from The Aristocats
- Melody Gardot – "He’s A Tramp" – from Lady And The Tramp
- Stacey Kent – "Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo" (French version) – from Cinderella
- Gregory Porter – "When You Wish Upon A Star" – from Pinocchio
- China Moses – "Why Don’t You Do Right" – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Raphaël Gualazzi – "I Wanna Be Like You" – from The Jungle Book
- The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" – from Cinderella
- Hugh Coltman – "You’ve Got A Friend In Me" – from Toy Story
- Anne Sila – "Let It Go" – from Frozen
- Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – "The Bare Necessities" – from The Jungle Book
- Laika – "Once Upon A Dream" – from Sleeping Beauty
- Nikki Yanofsky -"Someday My Prince Will Come" – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
- The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
“I’ve always loved Disney films and Disney music . There’s magic about the fairytale world they conjure up. The song I chose from Cinderella captures that feeling of magical wonderment that I felt as a child." - Stacey Kent, artist
My personal favorites from Jazz Loves Disney are "The Bare Necessities" and "I Wanna Be Like You" - needless to say, I love The Jungle Book. These also happen to be the two most toe-tapping tracks on the album. They are so much fun to dance along, sing along, or just enjoy in the background while you are doing pretty much anything.
This latest compilation album from Disney Music will have you tapping your toes, playing air trombone, and reminiscing about the good ol' days. What a perfect gift for that Disney lover on your holiday gift list! How has Disney Music spanned the generations in your life? You can purchase Jazz Loves Disney via Amazon or iTunes.