If you want to lighten and brighten unwanted pigmentation, try using products that contain peptides. HydroPeptide takes the most advanced, scientifically proven skin care elements and simplifies your beauty routine, age-proofing and restoring balance to all skin types. The HydroPeptide Collection includes an industry leading 62 different peptides, which are the building blocks of collagen and enable skin to look and act younger. HydroPeptide’s universal formulations fight signs of aging and address a range of skin care concerns (including sun damage and discoloration) in the fewest steps possible.
Powerful peptides instantly restore healthy skin structure and hydration. Carefully selected botanicals detoxify and rejuvenate. Every HydroPeptide treatment combats telltale signs of aging with the option to customize the treatment to address additional skin care concerns including – but not limited to – sensitivity, acne and hyperpigmentation. I tried two products from the HydroPeptide collection designed for sun damaged skin.
The first product that I tried is Solar Defense. This non-greasy sunscreen self-adjusts to the color of your skin tone offering flawless coverage, while anti-aging elements hydrate, protect and help clarify the skin. This is just what I have been looking for. I have always wanted to find the perfect sunscreen and this just might be it. Not only does it blend in and mask discoloration, the oil-free formula doesn't leave a greasy feel either!
What I Love:
- offers broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB damage without leaving a white, chalky appearance
- contains a peptide rich in protein reactivates epidermal lipids and allows for improved, long-lasting hydration
- decreases the sebaceous secretion of oily skin, leaving a non-shiny appearance
- blends to any skin tone, camouflaging mild hyperpigmentation and redness while offering a more even, flawless, matte finish
- hydrates with aloe, niacin and sodium hyaluronate
How To Use: Apply daily to face before makeup and 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply every 2 hours after swimming, perspiring, or after towel drying.
The other product that I tried, Even Out, is a skin brightening pigment corrector. The drug-free formula features three peptides - including a brightening peptide and a preservative peptide to improve overall skin radiance and health. This product feels really great going on and there is no foul smell!
What I Love:
- brightens the skin without the cytotoxicity or irritation linked to hydroquinone
- works more effectively than arbutin and kojic acid
- inhibits tyrosinase and also decreases other proteins involved in the pigment process
- promotes a brighter, more even complexion with 5% Lactic Acid, Licorice and Vitamin C
- offers antioxidant protection and anti-inflammatory benefits with green tea, resveratrol and allantoin
I have had wonderful results with these two products. They are clear winners for me. It makes me want to try products from the rest of the HydroPeptide line!