Don't let the plain packaging on this one fool you. It works! Cracked cuticles and dry hands can take even the best manicure from chic to eek. Cuticle picking and biting can also lead to bacterial and viral infections and dental problems. One of the best ways to break this habit or keep pesky dry cuticles at bay is to quench skin with an ultra-hydrating moisturizer.
Celebrity nail artist for the likes of Katy Perry, Pink, Rachael Ray and Allison Williams, Pattie Yankee’s go-to hand and cuticle moisturizer is Yu-Be Moisturizing Cream. This concentrated glycerin-based moisturizing cream is enriched with vitamin E and B2, sodium hyaluronate and camphor. Yu-Be’s ultra-healing capabilities are largely due to is high glycerin content which helps skin attract and retain moisture.
In order to keep cuticles in check, Pattie recommends the following:
- After showering, using your fingers, push cuticles back when they are still wet. This will train them to stay back.
- Apply a high glycerin based cream, like Yu-Be’s, to hands and cuticles throughout the day, especially after showering and before bed.
- Never cut cuticles as this will cause the skin to grow back thicker and harder – cuticles also seal in moisture and block germs out of the body. Cuticle cutting is actually illegal in salons in some states, including New York as it is considered a medical procedure.
What I love about this product:
- It is so versatile. Not only do I use it on my cuticles, I also use it on my cracked heels.
- Some people may not like the camphor smell, but I don't mind it. That smell reminds me of healing.
- It is very thick, emollient and moisturizing. It absorbs quickly and leaves your skin super soft and hydrated.