I know I was watching the ball drop in Times Square where massive amounts of people gathered to celebrate! But when they all left, someone had to clean up! The 25-person "Mr. Clean Team," led by "The Accidental Housewife" Julie Edelman, was on hand to usher in a clean 2014. Their efforts assisted the massive clean-up by the Times Square Alliance and the DSNY who used 22 trucks, 24 mechanical sweepers and 37 backpack blowers to clear an estimated 40 to 50 tons of confetti, party hats and other materials from the celebration in 2013. Now that is some major cleaning!
The powerful cleaner that they used also made its world debut at the clean up event! Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle has 2.5 times more power in every drop. It penetrates dirt easier and lifts stains faster, while the auto-stop cap makes sure that no drop goes to waste. Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle’s concentrated gel formula serves all of your cleaning needs, both on and off the floor. It penetrates dirt easier, fights grease tougher, and lifts stains faster, while the specially designed cap ensures no drop goes to waste.
Now aren't you inspired to do some New Year's cleaning and start 2014 off right? Here are some key cleaning tips straight from Julie Edelman, aka The Accidental Housewife.
10 Cleaning Tips to Save Time, Money and Your Sanity in 2014
1. TACKLE HIGH TRAFFIC ZONES FIRST :: Divide your home into MUST DO and CAN DO LATER zones. The must do’s are bathrooms, kitchen and bedrooms which are bacteria, allergy (dust mites) and germ magnets AND should be cleaned regularly. Can do later zones are areas such as family rooms, guest bedrooms, and hallways.
2. MAINTAIN YOUR SANITY, START SMALL :: As Oscar Wilde said “Man (and woman!) was made for something better then disturbing dirt.” So put cleaning your home in perspective and don’t allow yourself to get overwhelmed. Start with the smallest room in your home, and work your way to the largest room in order to streamline your cleaning process.
3. SPREAD OUT CHORES THAT BORE :: Once you've tidied up, make a weekly TAH–DO LIST (as in The Accidental Housewife!) to keep rooms clean enough. If you follow up on little cleaning projects each week, you’ll be able to maintain a healthy and squeaky clean home, and manicures, all year long.
4. BLEND CHORES THAT BORE INTO EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES :: Housework can be boring, so staying focused while doing it can be a chore. ‘Blend’ i.e. ‘work’ tasks into everyday activities and routines. Next time you’re chatting on the phone with your BF or mom, chat while cleaning countertops, door handles and sinks.
5. SAVE YOUR ENERGY :: Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle can handle anything, especially if it can clean up Times Square after New Year’s Eve! Save your elbow grease and simply squirt a drop of the powerful new formula onto countertops, appliances and more to clean up after your own New Year’s Eve party.
6. STREAMLINE YOUR CLEANING TOOLS WITH MULTI-TASKERS :: There’s no need to have countless cleaning products clogging cabinets. Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle can be used directly on tough dirt or used as a dilute to handle big or small messes on hard surfaces such as tables, countertops, sinks, stoves and even floors.
7. TAKE THE GUESS WORK OUT OF ‘HOW MUCH’ :: Thanks to its innovative one-dose cap, Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle delivers the perfect amount of cleaning gel with every squeeze – that can be applied directly to surfaces or diluted in water as a cleaning solution. Similar to tasks like dishwashing and laundry, buy single, pre-measured packets. This will certainly help you prevent wasting product and in the end, also save you money!
8. DANCE WITH DUST BUNNIES :: No one said that you have to make cleaning a chore, so put on those headphones or crank up the music and dance with your vacuum as you suck up those dust bunnies or wash your floor! It will also turn your cleaning routines into a workout, so you’ll be multi-tasking once again - cleaning and toning your bod!
9. ENLIST PINT-SIZED HELPERS :: If you have young kids, they are perfect for helping with kid-friendly home-keeping chores like vacuuming and laundry. If you don’t have any children, I’m sure friends and family who do will be happy to lend out theirs so they can enjoy an hour or two of free time!
10. GIVE YOURSELF AN I.O.ME :: Don’t wait for your birthday or Mother’s Day. Give yourself a ‘me day’ or at least a few ‘me’ hours. You’ll be amazed how it will give you a new perspective on that next load of laundry waiting for you!
Inspired by the great tips? Now go and get your Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle and get busy! To use, just apply directly for quick and easy removal of tough stains from hard surfaces such as:
You can also dilute Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle in water for more general floor and surface cleaning with no need for rinsing. The unique auto-stop cap delivers the right amount every time. I can't wait to try it!
Connect :: Visit Mr. Clean for more information. You can also connect with Mr. Clean via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Buy It :: You can purchase Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle at grocery retail, home improvement, and mass merchandise stores nationwide. Varieties available include:
• Crisp Lemon
• Febreze® Meadows & Rain
• Gain® Original Fresh Scent
• Mr. Clean® Liquid Muscle with the Grease Fighting Power of Dawn