I have tried many products for my dark spots. Most of them are concentrated spot treatments. So when I had the chance to try the Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Peel, I was intrigued. Peels in general scare me. I am always worried that they will peel away all of my good skin and be too abrasive. This product promised to be gentle, so I was willing to try it.
The key ingredient is Glycolic Vitamin C Complex, which:
- Brightens dull skin through exfoliation
- Improves spots and discoloration
- Calms and hydrates
- A built-in buffer helps skin maintain a healthy pH level
Cons: The formula is lightweight, but it is also sticky. I knew I would not be able to leave it on all night with a sticky feeling on my face. As an alternative, I wore it while I was working or watching TV for a few hours a night. Then I washed it off before going to bed. I did see some mild fading in a few places. I would imagine if I did leave it on all night, I would have seen more dramatic results.
When used as directed, this product should leave you with immediate results:
- Overnight: See smoother, hydrated skin
- In 1 week: See brighter skin
- In 4 weeks: See that spots, imperfections and acne marks are significantly reduced
- After 12 weeks, the size of dark spots will diminish
Connect :: If you have dark spots, head to GarnierUSA.com/DarkSpot to test out the Virtual Spot Corrector and watch videos featuring dermatologist Dr. Diane Madfes. You can also keep up with Garnier on Facebook and Twitter.
Buy It :: You can purchase Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Peel at mass retailers for $16.99.
Have you ever tried a peel? Did you have good results?