This post brought to you by Boar's Head. All opinions are 100% mine.
Heart disease is the nation's leading cause of death for both men and women. Taking care of your heart by eating well is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Boar’s Head offers dozens of certified heart-healthy deli meats including Maple Glazed Honey Coat Turkey Breast and Lemon Pepper Roasted Chicken Breast. I would love to try both of them! Use any of the heart-healthy meats to create good-for-your-heart recipes like this one.
OVENGOLD TURKEY SPAGHETTI SQUASH TUMBLE
Spaghetti squash makes it possible to eat "pasta" without the pasta! Scraped from the inside of the squash, mildly flavored vegetable strands look like thin, cooked spaghetti. Paired with vegetables and turkey, this is a meal in itself.
· 1 SM.Spaghetti squash
· 1 TBSPOlive oil
· 1 LRG.Garlic clove , crushed
· 2 TBSPFresh basil , chopped
· 1 TBSPFresh parsley , chopped
· ¼ CUPPeas, frozen , defrosted and drained
· ¼ CUPTomato , diced
· 5 OZOvengold® Roasted Breast of Turkey , diced
· Boar's Head Parmigiano-Reggiano , to taste
1. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Cut each half into equal pieces.
2. Place squash into a steamer basket in a Dutch oven with water and cook on high to steam until tender (approximately 15 to 20 minutes).
3. Using a fork, remove the squash strands from the shell; set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the garlic, basil, parsley and squash; toss lightly to coat.
6. Add the peas, tomatoes and turkey. Lightly sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Taking care of your heart and eating well is one of the most important things you can do for yourself! Consider Boar's Head heart-healthy deli meats as a smart choice. These choices are low in fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, and meat specified limits for sodium. Combine them with fruits, vegetables and whole grains, and you can live a healthy lifestyle without compromising on flavor.