Welcome to the Father's Day Gift Guide! We have some great ideas to help you find the perfect gift for dad! Don't miss our huge giveaway featuring all of the sponsors in the Father's Day Gift Guide! It starts June 1 and we will be giving away over $1210 in prizes. Our next featured sponsor is NeatDesk.
Finding the right gift for Dad can be tough. This year give him a sleek tech-tool that will help him manage and digitize important files at home, in the office, and on the road.
NeatDesk and NeatReceipts, two digital filing systems developed by The Neat Company, employ optical character recognition (OCR) and parsing technology to identify and extract the important information in documents. With Neat, Dad’s files are automatically archived and organized, giving him quick and easy access to any piece of information in his digital filing system.
I was in need of some office organization. I am so thankful that I was able to get a NeatDesk for myself. Photo (1) shows my receipts and documents that I stored until I felt like I didn't need them anymore. Photo (2) shows my box of old receipts and documents that I need to shred. As you can see, I really needed my own "office manager" that would create a complete digital filing system for me. Insert the NeatDesk!
From box to setup to installation, everything was ready to go in about 20 minutes. The installation CD that is included walks you through the setup process step by step. It was very simple. After the installation is complete, I suggest you watch some video tutorials that show you how to get started using your NeatDesk.
You can scan by pressing the scan button right on the machine, or you can click it from your computer. More than just a scanner, NeatDesk also includes patented Neat software to identify and extract key information from your paper files, then automatically organizes it in the easy to use database. For example, after I scanned the receipt above, NeatDesk stored information from my receipt automatically including the store name, date, total and how I paid. It is absolutely amazing what the NeatDesk can do!
It really is as easy 1-2-3. Whether it’s medical bills or small business expenses, business cards or financial documents, even your collection of newspaper clippings, Neat frees the information that’s trapped on paper - so you can secure it, organize it, and use it. Because when your information is transformed, you are too from cluttered to confident, from overwhelmed to accomplished. This could not be more true. Think about this. What can you do with the information that is stored on paper? Not much more than file it. But when you transfer your information from the paper into a digital filing system, you can do just about anything with all of that important information!
Scan in receipts to:
- Save digital copies of receipts and records of vendors, dates and totals
- Create expense reports and manage business and personal expenses
- Keep track of expenses for tax time (records accepted by the IRS)
- Export data to Excel®, Quicken®, QuickBooks®, TurboTax®
Scan in business cards to:
- Keep digital images of cards and contact information
- Capture name, address company, title, etc.
- Create your own searchable contact database
- Export data to Outlook® and more
Scan in documents to:
- Create editable PDF files
- Organize and store in your digital filing system
So now that you know how it all works, doesn't your dad NEED and DESERVE a NeatDesk?!
Dad can use Neat to:
- Manage a budget by scanning bills, receipts, and invoices – allowing Neat’s software to create monthly budget reports. Information is classified by category and saved for tax returns where information can be exported directly to TurboTax.
- Track business travel expenses by scanning or importing receipts and quickly create expense and spending reports.
- Archive car registration, insurance forms, and other important documents for safe keeping.
- Scan business cards and sync contact information with Outlook, Plaxo, or Mac Address Book.
Connect :: You can find out more about NeatDesk on The Neat Company website. You can also connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.
Buy It :: You can purchase a NeatDesk for $399.95 via The Neat Company Store.
How To Enter :: Come back on June 1 when the Father's Day Gift Guide Giveaway begins! We will have over $1210 in prizes!
Disclosure: I did not receive any financial compensation for this post. All opinions are my own and uninfluenced by anyone else. I did receive free product(s) to facilitate my review from the company or their PR agency. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook or Twitter. See my full disclosure.